Monday, July 4, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?!

I swear it's the ultimate goal of my neighbor to drive me insane.  You see, we share a driveway of which 99.9% of it is on the property of my residence.  Of course he rents (more than likely on our dime) the home next to me and he INSISTS on parking his SUV very close to the entrance.  In order for me to get past the vehicle, I need to make maneuvers that the most skilled motor vehicle operator would find laborious.

Here is yet another example of the "I'm the ONLY one in the world" mentality.  How many times must I honk my horn, knock on his door or window, scrape the underside of my car for all the neighborhood to hear before he gets a clue?!  Today is no different than the last.  I managed to get past his SUV to access the parking spot directly behind my house.  As if that wasn't difficult enough, he has since moved the vehicle further up to a narrower part of the driveway, making my exit IMPOSSIBLE without having to beg him to "pretty please move the SUV so I may leave".  I am a prisoner of my own home until he is good and ready to move it.    

Common sense and common courtesy are a thing of the past.  Sad, isn't it?

Take two ~~~

Two days after the aforementioned scenario I came home to yet another driveway obstacle.  Halfway up the drive was a barricade, yes...BARRICADE of children toys preventing me from accessing my parking spot behind my house.  I was forced to park halfway on my front lawn.  GHAAAAAAAH!!!! 

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I so agree with you on this Kathy. We live in a wonderful neighborhood with really great neighbors, except for one family. Year after year they hold loud parties in the summer where the music and noise continue on past midnight. The police have been called on them numerous times yet nothing changes. Last week my husband decided to just go directly to them regarding the sound level (11pm music blaring on a weeknight.) While they did quiet down somewhat, the neighbor had the nerve to come over the next night (at 6:30pm) during a family dinner to make a comment about us laughing and hoping he wouldn't need to come say something to us about the noise. There is no common courtesy left at all. Here's hoping your neighbor gets the hint. :)