Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pet Peeves Prevail!

Originally this blog was intended to document the elaborate dreams I continually have.  Sure I'll sprinkle some of those in occasionally, however I find it more necessary to vent about the day to day annoyances I encounter.

Peeve of The Day - Sidewalks

Why bother?!  I bust my rump in the winter to clear the front walk of snow for the safety of pedestrians.  More likely than not, they choose to walk in the street anyway.  OK - I can accept that since my neighbors may not be as diligent with snow clean up as me. But here we are in the thick of Summer and they STILL insist on walking in the middle of the road. 

Some may think this behavior is more prevalent in urban areas. Nope.  I witnessed the same act in an upper middle class neighborhood.  A couple was walking their dog IN THE STREET.  Perfectly ample sidewalks on either side of the road but they insisted on being obstacles for passers by in motor vehicles. 

We have become a society of no boundaries.  Children are left to run amok in office and retail settings,  sidewalks simply take up prime real estate, stop signs are optional, children have no set bed time, children are allowed to impede adult leisure activities, ie; they are included in poker or eukre games simply be cause they beg to play too.

Boundaries are good.  I highly recommend them. Everyone should have some!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This has to be one of my pet peeves as well. Why bother having sidewalks, our taxes would be lower.Pedestrians would need to follow the rules of the road although. You are right there are now boundaries any longer.